(Photo: Communities throughout Beirut have suffered extensive damage.)
Photos and videos reveal the complete desolation of portions of the city. More than 100 lives have been lost, thousands have been injured and many more displaced. ReachGlobal MENA (Middle East and North Africa) missionaries serve in the region and have partners in Beirut—including the Free Church of Lebanon—who have seen the impact of the explosion firsthand. One of our partners shared the following:
“The explosion in Beirut impacted everyone in the city. Those we’ve spoken to have lost a friend, a family member, homes and businesses. By God’s grace, none of our friends or partners died, but there are many injuries and significant damage to property. Hospitals are overrun with wounded and much of their equipment has been damaged.”
Please pray for peace in Beirut. The Lebanese have been protesting government corruption since October. Since then, the government has become almost entirely dysfunctional. Their currency has lost 80 percent of its value; banks are limiting withdrawals; salaries have been cut; groceries are becoming scarce and expensive; and COVID-19 impacted the country significantly. Many people are suffering. Our friends in Beirut are exhausted, shocked and gravely sad. They are asking over and over for prayer.
ReachGlobal Crisis Response is engaging in immediate relief efforts, and funds have already been shared to equip partners to minister in the aftermath of the explosion. Would you join us as we pray for the city of Beirut? We also ask you to support the response in Beirut financially.
As always, ReachGlobal Crisis Response maintains a long-term objective. Our focus will be on disciplemaking and church planting—all while leaning into the leadership of local partners as we support ministry in their context.
- For provisions of food, water and shelter for those impacted.
- For God to be glorified, even through the destruction.
- For leaders of our partners, as they determine the short- and long-term needs of their communities.
- For ReachGlobal Crisis Response as they assist with the next steps in ministry in the wake of crisis.
- For gospel impact in the lives of those affected.
- Give to Beirut Lebanon Response.
- You can also mail a check with "Beirut Lebanon Response 21709-39833" in the memo line to:
901 E 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55420