ReachGlobal in partnership with the Haiti Consortium, and Los Pinos Nuevos have responded in both Haiti and Cuba. ReachGlobal staff in Haiti, and partners in Cuba, quickly brought relief goods to people affected by the storm. Through the end of 2016 in Haiti, a series of short term teams came to start rebuilding, helping dozens of families restore their homes. The response plans for this year focus on oral discipleship delivered through the contexts of trauma care, replanting of fruit trees, helping families develop backyard gardens.
Pray with us that:
- dozens of kids and family discipleship environments will be launched through these efforts
- the families and communities devastated by Hurricane Matthew will be rebuilt on a solid Gospel foundation
- the Lord raises up many teams of outreach workers from the national church
Serve in Haiti: As a result of our initial assessments, specialized short-term crisis response teams are needed to assist local partners. Teams should consist of no more than eight people, and should be prepared for difficult conditions, with limited comforts (e.g., sleeping on floors, bucket showers, unplanned meals). To serve in the recovery efforts, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current list of weeks availabe for serving:
- November 19-26
- November 27-December 2
- December 10-16
- December 26-January 3, 2017
Serve in Hilton Head, South Carolina: As a result of our initial assessments, specialized short-term crisis response teams are needed to assist local partners. Service teams are needed immediately until November 20, 2016. Email email@example.com for more information.
The mission of ReachGlobal Crisis Response
We exist to develop, empower and release the Body of Christ to share His love in times of crisis for multiplying transformational churches among all people.
To advance this mission, ReachGlobal Crisis Response seeks to aid in the development and transformation of:
- Local churches as they will be in the community long after the crisis ends.
- Homeowners in the affected areas, who can then transform their neighborhoods.
- Volunteers as they take what they have learned home to affect their own churches and communities with the gospel message.