- affirm God’s call upon a person’s life
- verify that this person meets the qualifications and standards for ministry in the Evangelical Free Church of America
- approve this person for ministerial service under the auspices of the EFCA
- provide legal status in the exercise of that person’s ministry
There are four types of credentials in the EFCA:
- Ministry License
- Expedited (for sr./lead pastors with 10+ years in EFCA ministry). Available until 11/1/22
- Five Year Non-renewable
- Three Year Renewable
- Certificate of Christian Ministry
- Certificate of Ordination
- Transfer of Ordination.
The process for each credential begins by contacting your district office.
EFCA Credentialing Office