Hope Fellowship Church is a newly merged body of believers who exist to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who demonstrate His love to our community, nation and world. In 2019 and 2020 through the leading of the Holy Spirit, we combined our two established congregations, Manchester Creek Community Church and Trinity Church, into one church to share in our one faith and serve our one Lord. We have felt the unification of the Spirit, though we have faced challenges with the COVID-19 pandemic and the departure of our Lead Pastor within one month of our official merger. Our vibrant, multi-generational congregation now seeks a Lead Pastor to serve with us and provide leadership to our ministry.
Rock Hill, South Carolina is an active city of 65,000 people. Nestled just south of the North Carolina border near Charlotte, our members come from Rock Hill, Fort Mill, York and Charlotte to gather with us. We feel that the community we serve encompasses all of these cities and more, as well as the students at Winthrop, the local liberal arts university.
The Role of our Lead Pastor
Our Lead Pastor provides leadership, teaching and administration of our church as we strive to practice genuine fellowship by making disciples of Christ who worship upward, grow inward, go outward and send forward the hope of Jesus to all the nations of the world.
- Professes a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Meets the spiritual, personal and character qualifications of an elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9 and strives to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry (or equivalent) strongly preferred. Master of Divinity (or equivalent) desired.
- Has 5-10+ years of pastoral and/or ministry experience as Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor and/or Ministry Leader.
- Is an ordained minister who subscribes to the doctrinal principles of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA).
- Possesses demonstrated competence in the areas of organizational management, administrative duties and maintaining positive, supportive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates clear strengths in Biblical teaching and primarily expository preaching.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Preaching and teaching as the primary preacher for worship services, equipping the saints by teaching the Word and addressing issues in society, the community and the church with practical, relevant biblical input.
- Vision casting through collaboration with the elder team in defining and implementing the mission, vision, core values, high-priority ministries, goals and strategic plan for the church.
- Pastoral care with the elder team to actively engage with the church family, caring for spiritual and personal needs and encouraging spiritual growth.
- Outreach through leading by example and teaching to foster a culture of outreach that permeates every area of ministry, encouraging outreach activities by church members both locally and worldwide.
- Staff supervision and development to lead, guide, oversee, direct, evaluate and mentor staff in their respective areas of ministry.
- Administration of the church operations, ensuring the completion of ministry goals through appropriate staff and lay leadership teams with accountability to the elders.
How to apply
Please send your resume, a doctrinal statement, and a link to a sermon to: firstname.lastname@example.org.