The Major Events and Guest Experience Coordinator is a high-capacity leader who partners with ministries to create and execute strategic, world-class events and guest experiences that propel Valley Church’s overall vision. We are looking for someone who is an expert in connecting with people and creating welcoming and engaging experiences.
- University education in related areas preferred (marketing, hospitality, event management, etc.)
- 5+ years of proven experience in related areas
o Event or project management (conference management preferred)
o Customer service or hospitality experience
o Speaker/vendor contract negotiation and management
o Recruiting and leading volunteers, especially specialized/skilled volunteers
o Budget creation and management
- Carrier of the DNA: Completely embraces and contagiously communicates the Valley Church mission, values and strategy.
- Operations guru: Brings structure to complex major events, to create an ideal environment where participants can best learn and grow.
- Strategic Planner: Works with church leadership to execute strategic, world-class events and guest experiences that propel Valley Church’s overall vision.
- Vision Activator: Turns strategic plans into reality. Makes it happen on time and on budget.
- Maximizer: Constantly seeks ways to achieve greater impact with existing resources.
- Reproducer: With the entire staff, reproduces leaders, volunteers and followers of Christ.
- Cheerleader: Encouraging leaders, volunteers and fellow staff constantly.
- Solution Specialist: Able to identify problems and find solutions.
- Advocate for the audience: In tune with the perspective of audience. Participant centric. Always seeking to enhance the experience of participants by proposing creative solutions that add relevance, meaning and engagement.
- Thought-leader: Leads through expertise and winsome influence, rather than positional leadership.
- Idea scout: Sources ideas and inspiration from a variety of fields – tourism, technology, churches, visual arts, video, theater, pop culture, ministries, events and entertainment.
- Catalytic Leader: An equipper of the saints. Able to rally people to a cause.
- Des Moines Fan: Passionate about seeing the Des Moines community, especially our immediate neighbors, thrive.
- Experimenter: Learns by testing new and out-of-the-box ideas.
- Mission Mobilizer: Fully “owns” our mission of mobilizing everyone’s God-given potential to deeply love Christ and their neighbors.
How to apply
To learn more information or to formally apply, contact Nick at Nickv@valley.church. If applying, please have your resume profile and references ready to submit.