In the midst of a crisis, swift and clear communication is crucial in setting the stage for a successful response. Even after the crisis situation is stabilized, high-quality communication plays an important role in propelling the ministry forward, sharing the stories of God’s hand throughout it all.
The Crisis Response Communications Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Being an integral member of a great team
- Keeping internal and external audiences informed about the initial crisis response
- Making needs, prayer requests and God-sighting stories known through the EFCA website and social media
- Traveling to disaster sites for the initial story
- Strategizing how to keep the audience involved