GlobalFingerprints is the child sponsorship program of the Evangelical Free Church of America. GlobalFingerprints ensures the nutritional, medical and educational needs of vulnerable children around the world are met while sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Child Safety and Protection Advocate will work with the International Program Development team to ensure we do everything in our power to protect the children in our program from abuse, violence, and maltreatment. We are committed to helping our national partners develop protection policies and procedures to respond to child protection violations in the program, in their homes, and within the community.
- Ensures that the GF Child Protection Policy is in compliance with the Child Safety and Protection Network (CSPN) and other applicable international guidelines.
- Participates in Child Safety and Protection Network and CAFO meetings and trainings as a representative of GlobalFingerprints
- Works together with EFCA/ReachGlobal policy makers to align our efforts in the area of Child Protection
- Works together with the GF Communication and Marketing Team to ensure that we are following child protection guidelines and best practices.
- Develops curriculum and/or identifies and delivers training for current and new GlobalFingerprints staff, short-term teams, and volunteers.
- Assists sites in identifying appropriate curriculum for GF site leadership to utilize at their individual sites for the training of staff, parents, and children. Creates/identifies this curriculum as needed.
- Maintains signed CPP Behavior Guidelines for each GlobalFingerprints staff member
- Ensures that the Child Protection Policy is reviewed annually and updated as appropriate
- Ensures that every National Partner sites have a Child Protection Policy, Behavior Standards requirement, Action Plan for child protection incident management, annual CP policy review, and annual CP training
- Assists National Partner sites in developing the above, as necessary.
- Receives Child Protection Incident Reports and works together with GF site staff to ensure that the National CPP policy is followed
- Provides consultation and assistance to National Partners and staff as they identify local resources for professional counseling, legal, medical, and any other necessary care for child protection victims (past or current)
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Social Work or related Human Services degree
- International experience working in the area of child well-being
- Interest for child safety and protection
- Awareness of UN International Rights of a child
- Ability to provide both online and in-person training in both US and international settings
- Willing to travel to GlobalFingerprint sites for training and program monitoring purposes
- Willingness to attend specialized child protection training and certification as required