The destructive path of Hurricane Harvey has prompted the EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response team to initiate a planned response.
EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response is reaching out to churches in the storm path, with 45 EFCA churches impacted, and coordinating their efforts with District Superintendent Bob Rowley and churches in the EFCA Texas-Oklahoma District. Specific areas of focus include Houston, Corpus Christi and Galveston.
The team is coordinating with member churches of the Crisis Response Mobilize Network for their support of this hurricane response in the coming weeks. They are also looking for financial partners to aid in current and future prepation and response to crises.
Join the response efforts
- For the safety of those in the path of Hurricane Harvey.
- For the many churches and families affected by this hurricane as they face the uncertainty of what lies ahead.
- For EFCA churches as they process how to share Christ's love to many hurting and wisdom in how to respond following the storm.
- For ReachGlobal leadership as they assess the storm's impact and determine next steps.
Invest financially to help the families affected by this hurricane and ongoing Crisis Response outreach by giving online or mail a check to:
901 East 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55420-1300
Designate the check with the memo: Hurricane Response -39694
For more information and details on how you can help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the current flooding and damage to infrastructure, teams of limited size will be accepted for the week beginning Sunday, September 17. Email email@example.com for more information.
This will be a long and involved response. Crisis Response is looking for individuals interested in serving as a part of our response team for the longer term. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these opportunities.
The mission of EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response
We exist to develop, empower and release the Body of Christ to share His love in times of crisis for multiplying transformational churches among all people.
To advance this mission, Crisis Response seeks to aid in the development and transformation of:
- Local churches as they will be in the community long after the crisis ends.
- Homeowners in the affected areas, who can then transform their neighborhoods.
- Volunteers as they take what they have learned home to affect their own churches and communities with the gospel message.
Response efforts and giving opportunities will be coordinated on efca.org/hurricaneharvey