Greg Strand, director of EFCA biblical theology and credentialing, created an 11-week series that guides users through the EFCA Statement of Faith--beginning with an introductory lesson, followed by a lesson on each article. This series is available for you to use in your small group or Bible study.
To acclimate you to the notes, here is an overview of the key components:
- List the 2008 Statement of Faith article and the parallel 1950 Statement of Faith article
- Address the differences between the 2008 and the 1950 articles
- Teach what the 2008 Statement of Faith article means
- Speak to the ways in which the article has been strengthened in the 2008 Statement of Faith
- Respond to reasons why it is important today to emphasize this truth
- Additional resources are included, e.g. questions for further study, longer Scripture texts to preach, memory verses, hymns and choruses
- Appendix 1 includes the commentary on the particular article
- Appendix 2 includes FAQs for each article, which are actual email questions and answers
If you have questions, please email Greg.Strand@efca.org, director of EFCA biblical theology and credentialing.