The mission and vision of the EFCA are simple and straightforward. However, implementing the mission and vision is far more difficult than aspiring to it. We want to help our churches move from aspiration to implementation. Our approach to equipping transformational leaders includes:
- Truth – Access to the best possible resources and biblical teaching
- Action – A practical learning environment focused on strategies, actionable plans and metrics
- Relationship – An ongoing, low-control/high-accountability relationship between churches
To help churches accomplish the mission, we are creating four core learning cohorts. The cohorts will focus on the key elements of the EFCA's mission and vision, and the result of each cohort is a pathway that develops core ministries for movement:
- Future Travelers (Registration) - Explores the paradigm of church as an apostolic movement, equipping leaders to confidently launch a movement and navigate change. (Led by Alan Hirsch and Alex Absalom.)
- Building a Disciplemaking Culture (Registration for this cohort is filled) – Helps you clarify and design your church's unique disciplemaking language, vision, practices and strategy in your local context. (Led by Dave Rhodes and the team from Auxano.)
- Building a Leadership Pipeline (Registration) – Focuses on how to design, build and begin implementing a leadership pipeline. (Led by Mac Lake and the team from Auxano.)
- Becoming a Multiplying Church (Registration) – Focuses on helping churches identify where they are as a multiplying church and what's needed for greater effectiveness. (Led by Bill Couchenour and EFCA ministry leaders.)
Each cohort will meet three times: October 17-18, 2016, January 16-17, 2017, and May 22-23, 2017. During that nine-month timeframe, the cohorts will also consist of three monthly video coaching sessions, on to be determined dates and times, between cohort meetings. Future Travelers, Building a Disciplemaking Culture, Building a Leadership Pipeline and Becoming a Multiplying Church will take place at the EFCA national office in Minneapolis, Minnesota for the October 17-18, 2016 and May 22-23, 2017 meetings, with a yet to be determined location in January.
At the end of each cohort, we encourage churches to continue in relationship with other churches making the journey toward movement.
What does it cost to train for transformation?
CREO Collective Churches – Free
National Office Staff - $375
FairShare Churches - $750
Non-FairShare Churches - $1,500
Our goal is to engage 100 leaders in these transformational pathways. As leaders and churches are transformed, they will influence the entire EFCA to glorify God by multiplying transformational churches among all people and see the raising up of disciplemakers.
Register with the links above
Email questions to Lisa O'Leary or call at (952) 853-8424.