On January 12, 2010, a devastating 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit Haiti and within days ReachGlobal was on the ground helping. In the months following the earthquake, God also connected ReachGlobal with a number of key partners. Those Haitian partners, ReachGlobal leaders, and other global partners met for several days of prayer, seeking direction from the Lord. The resulting is this vision to guide ongoing efforts in Haiti:
To see an indigenous, disciple-making, and multiplying church, within walking distance of every Haitian, which demonstrates and engages in proclaiming the transforming power of the gospel.
This vision is to unite local churches and ministries from Haiti, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Congo and the U.S. into a joint effort for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God. This is the Haiti Consortium.
Partner in Haiti
In advancing this vision, the goal of ReachGlobal in Haiti is not to start our own schools, orphanages, clinics, or seminaries. Rather, ReachGlobal seeks to develop partnerships with Haitians and others who are like-minded in their desire to see Haiti transformed by the gospel.
- For mutually edifying and deep relationships with Haitian partners.
- That the growing international team of missionaries in Haiti would continue to learn to communicate well, abound in grace and be knit together in the unity of Christ.
- God’s wisdom and discernment for partnership opportunities.
- That the Consortium members, which include the Haitian Church, ReachGlobal missionaries and U.S. Churches would really listen to what the Haitian's say about how best to minister in Haiti.
With its relatively easy access and abundant opportunities to serve, send a short-term team to Haiti.
Invest in Haiti 's disciplemaking, church planting, pastoral equipping, community development and compassion ministries with a generous gift.
Here is a list of giving opportunities:
- $1,800 – Sponsor a Pastoral Training session
- $5,000 – Provide a family a permanent home
- $3,000 – Equip a church planting intern
- $2,500 – Give a family a sustainable tire garden
- $10,000 - Help launch a Community Health Evangelism program
- $6,500 – Fund a research project on Haitian vs. Biblical worldview
- $6,500 – Rebuild an earthquake damaged home
Give online to invest in Haiti. Please indicate in comments which project you are investing in.
Sponsor a Child
There are countless orphanages in Haiti. But the unfortunate reality is that the majority of children in orphanages are not true orphans. One or both parents are still alive; however, their parents cannot afford to care for them. In addition, Haiti has more slaves than almost any other country in the world, and many of them are children. It is for this reason that GlobalFingerprints Haiti was started: to provide the help needed to keep children with their families. Sponsor a child >>
Gifts in Kind
The ministry is always in need of extra air miles, hotel points, or other travel points you may have available. If you have points please send us an email. We are also in need of certain supplies in order to do ministry here. Check out our “Current Needs List” in the Haiti Team Leader Packet.